Playing surface mod for improved ability to feel the center of the pads

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zxv wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 3:38 am Does anyone know of a way to make the "Y" axis affect the pitch as well?
You can route modulation of MPE timbre against pitch using the Surge XT interface.
zxv wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 3:38 am is there any stock (bundeled) instrument in bitwig or surge XT that would have a easily distinguishable tembre change in response to Y variation?
The Solo Strings patch from thoughtForm Max is what I personally use in Surge XT.

zxv wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:44 am
FranklyFlawless wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:44 am Not exactly, but there have been other hardware modifications focusing on tactile feedback, such as the Speedbumpy Surface, which has its roots in the Sightreading thread. My LinnStrument Darker Mod and its subsequent revision go in the exact opposite direction.
Speedbumpy Surface
Hey there, Speedbumpy Surface guy here. Yes I'm going to place an order for a mold for the 128 surface soon. The mold and minimum order quantity for the 200 surface is too big of a gamble for me. But if the 128 surface does well maybe that will help build some momentum and interest for the 200 surface. I'll share an update in a handful of months when it's ready.

I'm biased but I think that the speedbumpy surface with the grooves centered on the notes does help. Sure you can compensate with more practice, but IMO it only adds to your ability to play and doesn't subtract. It allows you to think/look less and spend more mental energy feeling and having fun, which adds motivation to practice and play more.

TigerBalm wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:54 pm Hey there, Speedbumpy Surface guy here. Yes I'm going to place an order for a mold for the 128 surface soon. The mold and minimum order quantity for the 200 surface is too big of a gamble for me. But if the 128 surface does well maybe that will help build some momentum and interest for the 200 surface. I'll share an update in a handful of months when it's ready.

I'm biased but I think that the speedbumpy surface with the grooves centered on the notes does help. Sure you can compensate with more practice, but IMO it only adds to your ability to play and doesn't subtract. It allows you to think/look less and spend more mental energy feeling and having fun, which adds motivation to practice and play more.
I hope you do get more interest for the 200 size, I'd buy one in a heartbeat. I hope the 128 batch goes well!

Return to “Roger Linn Design”